Wednesday, March 17, 2010

80s remakes: I was kidding, but...

According to Variety, Craig Gillespie (Lars and the Real Girl) is set to direct the remake of Fright Night, the 1985 horror/comedy which featured Chris Sarandon, Amanda Bearse and some twerpy kid... William Ragsdale, there it is.

So this 80s revival is a real thing, I guess. I had no idea Hollywood was serious about this. Then again, American Apparel is bringing back neon headbands. Just two weekends ago my breakfast companions and I were witness to a woman walking into the restaurant patio wearing leg warmers and a gray heather sweatshirt torn wide open at the neck. I don't think she was being ironic.

1 comment:

  1. The fin-de-siecle comment on this trend, Hot Tub Time Machine is opening next week... maybe it'll kill off the beast before it grows to full size.

    ReplyDelete