Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekend Box Office

Numbers, numbers, numbers.

Marty Scorsese, our nation's most reliable resource, delivers again with Shutter Island. #1, $41 million. Frankly I'm getting a little bored with Mr. S and I'd like to see him deliver a few missteps again. Of course, I don't invest in his movies.

This was the only new movie in the top ten, by the way; did I mention that Avatar has generated $687 million so far? Domestically? No? I'll try to remember to do that.

At the bottom of the list (not counting documentaries of course) is the aptly named Small Change, a rerelease of Francois Trauffaut's 1975 bonbon. It made $202 at one theatre, no doubt enjoyed by the handful of foreign film afficianados in that town who don't have Netflix subscriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment