Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Return Of The Fox

After almost a year of silence, FoxTV has returned to the broadcast airwaves in my neighborhood. You may recall it (and MyTV, LA channel 13) vanished the day of the digital switchover last year. I was reduced to watching House via bittorrent. To add insult to injury, I recently got a cease and decist letter from Universal Television demaning I delete all my episodes of the free show. Come to think of that, that's a blog post right there. Memo to self.

Anyway, this weekend I was swinging around the dial and there was FoxTV! Sure it was an anamorphically squeezed SD signal encoded as channel 13.3 instead of 11.1 - who knows how long this will last before they stop fooling around and shut it off? - but it's nice to see the Simpsons again.

By the way, why is Til Death still on? Does anyone really watch that show, or is some kind of money-laundering scheme like According to Jim?

No comments:

Post a Comment