Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekend Box Office

The Egg, Numbers, and I.

Happy Easter everyone! I thought I saw Moby when I was shopping for groceries, but it was just an egg. *dreamy sampled rimshot* Meanwhile, at the boxoffice, pretty good weekend! The number one movie was Rio, a holdover from last week. Coming in just behind it, Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family. Can't we all agree that "Madea's" is the only possessive that title needs? Anyway, maybe Tyler and Madea can split the  $25 million that it brought in.

At #3, Water For Elephants with $16 million. I don't know anything about this movie past the fact that there were weird, weird casting notices for months about it last year.  I'm convinced that if I had been carney folk, I'd have gotten work. If you don't like elephants, you might have seen African Cats instead, a Disney nature docudrama narrated by Samuel L. Jackson. $6 million only, but the cats don't ask for a piece of the backend.

Speaking of Disney, their Bollywood entry Zokkomon came in at #90 with a $117 per screen average. Critics like it! I hope it does well in whatever heather country it's aimed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment