Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekend Box Office

This week we're Youtube-fee! Events are conspiring to keep me from broadband today, so as you read this, imagine it in a silky, high-ish voice.

So my friends at Variety.com tell me that the number one movie the weekend of June29-July 1 was about a Teddy bear who sounds like the dog on Family Guy. Yes, it's Seth McFarlane's Ted,  which pulled down $54 million. Also new and surprisingly popular, Steven Soderbergh's Magic Mike, starring Channing Tatum (his stripper name, I bet) as a stripper. It made $39 million, which is great considering what it must have cost. Now Soderbergh can make another dozen Cosmopolis movies.

Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection was pretty muscular under that dress, making $25 million. Madea is money in the bank!

 Now imaging me getting up and turning off the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment